10 Questions to Ask When Replacing Your Heating or Cooling System
- Will the HVAC contractor provide a free, no obligation estimate for the system and installation, including options? Be sure all labor costs, parts prices, warranty specifications and energy efficiencies are included in the estimates.
- What size heating or cooling system is ideal for my home? This includes considerations for wall/attic insulation, window efficiency, lot/sun location, and much more.
- What is the efficiency rating for the new HVAC system? How will that impact energy costs? What brands do you offer and why?
- Should my home have multiple heating and cooling zones based on the areas of the house I use the most?
- Do I need to address humidity, either with a home dehumidifier or humidifier?
- What are the special offers, rebates, tax credits and financing offers?
- What is the service reputation of the company/companies you are evaluating? What is their availability if something goes wrong? Do they work 24/7?
- What training, background checks, licenses, do the technicians have?
- What is the manufacturer’s warranty? What warranty/guarantee does the HVAC contractor provide?
- What is the timetable for the installation, from start to finish? Do you remove the old unit, and is that included in your fee? Is clean-up included and will the work area (ductwork, walls, flooring) be finished as they were before the work commenced?
DiPietro is BBB Accredited
As a certified BBB Accredited Business, a company must meet rigorous standards. DiPietro has earned an A+ from the BBB!
The BBB Code of Business Practices represents sound customer service practices that enhance customer trust and confidence in business. The Code is built on the BBB Standards for Trust, which are eight principles that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business.